If you’re a business owner in Arizona, you know that having the right commercial auto insurance is essential. But with so many different options available, it can be difficult to know which policy is right for your business.
In this article, we’ll explore the different types of commercial auto insurance available in Arizona, and how to get the best rates. By the end, you’ll have a better understanding of commercial auto insurance in Arizona and be able to make a more informed decision about your policy.
Table of Contents
- Why Have Commercial Auto Insurance?
- What Classifies As A Commercial Vehicle In Arizona?
- Arizona Liability Laws And Commercial Vehicle Insurance
- How Does Commercial Auto Insurance Work in Arizona?
- How To Get The Best Auto Insurance Rates In AZ
- Need Commercial Auto Insurance in AZ? Compare Rates Through Insurist
Why Have Commercial Auto Insurance?
As a business owner, you know that protecting your assets is important. But did you know that your personal auto insurance policy may not cover damages if you’re using your vehicle for business purposes?
That’s why having commercial auto insurance is so important. Here are three reasons why you should have a policy in place:
- To protect your business: If you’re using your personal vehicle for business purposes and are involved in an accident, your personal auto insurance policy may not cover the damages. This could leave your business with a large bill to pay.
- To protect yourself: If you don’t have commercial auto insurance and you’re sued as a result of an accident, your personal assets could be at risk.
- To save money: You may be able to get a discount on your commercial auto insurance if you have a policy in place. This could help you save money on your premiums.
What Classifies As A Commercial Vehicle In Arizona?
In Arizona, a commercial vehicle is any vehicle used for business purposes. This includes cars, trucks, vans, and SUVs.
If you’re using a personal vehicle for business purposes, you’ll need to make sure that it’s properly insured. Otherwise, you could be at risk of paying for damages out of pocket.
Arizona Liability Laws And Commercial Vehicle Insurance
The minimum requirements for commercial auto insurance in Arizona are the same as personal auto insurance. You must have liability insurance to cover damages to other people and property if you’re at fault in an accident.
The minimum liability limits in Arizona are:
- $25,000 for bodily injury per person,
- $50,000 for bodily injury involving two or more persons, and
- $15,000 for property damage.
However, it’s important to note that these minimum limits may not be enough to cover the cost of an accident. If you’re at fault in a serious accident, you could be sued for damages that exceed your policy limits. You may want to consider increasing your liability limits to protect your business.
Other Types Of Coverage To Consider
There are other types of coverage that you may want to consider adding to your commercial auto insurance policy. This includes:
- Collision coverage: This covers the cost of repairs to your vehicle if it’s damaged in an accident.
- Comprehensive coverage: This covers the cost of repairs to your vehicle if it’s damaged by something other than an accident, such as a fire or theft.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage: This covers the cost of repairs to your vehicle if it’s damaged in an accident by a driver who doesn’t have insurance.
- Medical payments coverage: This covers the cost of medical expenses for you and your passengers if you’re injured in an accident.
- Rental car reimbursement: This covers the cost of a rental car if your vehicle is damaged in an accident.
- Towing and labor coverage: This covers the cost of towing and labor if your vehicle is disabled in an accident.
How Does Commercial Auto Insurance Work in Arizona?
Commercial auto insurance in Arizona works similarly to personal auto insurance, but there are some important differences to be aware of.
For instance, most personal auto insurance policies have limits on how much coverage is available. But with commercial auto insurance, there is usually no limit to the amount of coverage you can purchase.
Additionally, commercial auto insurance typically covers more than just the vehicle itself. It can also provide coverage for things like equipment, tools, and other property that’s stored in or on the vehicle.
And finally, commercial auto insurance can provide coverage for injuries that occur as a result of an accident. This includes medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
How To Get The Best Auto Insurance Rates In AZ
How much would Arizona commercial insurance cost? The cost of commercial auto insurance in Arizona will vary depending on a number of factors, such as the type of business you have and the amount of coverage you need. However, the cost of commercial auto insurance in Arizona is around $1,200 per year.
Other factors that can affect the premium fees associated with commercial car insurance are:
- The type of vehicle you drive
- Your driving history
- Where you live
- The amount of coverage you need
To get the best possible rate on commercial auto insurance in Arizona, it’s important to compare quotes from multiple insurers. In addition, be sure to ask about discounts that may be available, such as a safe driver discount or a multi-policy discount.
Some of the top commercial auto insurance providers in Arizona include :
- Progressive [Get a quote]
- GEICO [Get a quote]
- State Farm [Get a quote]
- Allstate [Get a quote]
- Farmers Insurance [Get a quote]
Compare quotes from these and other leading commercial auto insurance providers in Arizona to find the best rates and coverage for your vehicle.
Need Commercial Auto Insurance in AZ? Compare Rates Through Insurist
Looking for commercial auto insurance in Arizona? Insurist makes it easy for you to determine which providers offer the best coverage that meet your needs and budget. We’re an independent insurance comparison service that allows you to compare quotes from multiple insurers in one place.
Our online approach makes it fast and easy.